Friday, June 26, 2015

Summer Fashion

So it's summer, and while you may want to roll out of bed and just walk around in a swimsuit all day, unfortunately society deems that we must look presentable when out in public. Bummer.

As much as I love fashion, I hate getting dressed in the summer. My style tends to be really layered, and in the summer less layers is probably better. As a result, I often hit a summer style roadblock. I just hate how sticky and humid I feel in pretty much everything.

I decided to come up with four functional summer looks that I actually enjoyed wearing and that didn't make me look like a hot mess (pun fully intended). Hopefully these are a good source of summer style inspo for you too!

LBD Lovin'


Dress: Target, Denim Jacket: Levi's

Necklace: Urban Outfitters, Earings: Pitaya


Shoes: Union Bay
 Who doesn't love an LBD? A nice swingy one for summer is the perfect way to both stay cool while maintaining the ultimate chill factor (yes another highly intended bad pun).

Print on Print on Print


Shirt: Gap, Shorts: Anthropologie, Head Scarf: Thrifted

Ring: Madewell


Shoes: Cynthia Rowley
 First how all, how cute is this parrot wall? I absolutely love it! It's part of a charming used book store that I frequent. This is a bit of an eclectic outfit, combining different patterns. The head scarf keeps my hair out of my face and the light, silk shirt from gap is super breathable and perfect for a summer evening out. Plus, the funky aquatic printed shorts bring their own uniqueness to the mix.

Purple Daze


Denim Jacket: Same as above, Skirt: Thrifted, Shirt: Gap

Earings: Art Festival

Shoes: New Balance
  Midi skirts are coming back, and they're especially trendy with a cute pair of sneakers. I think some of the quirkiest (and cheapest) midi skirts can be found at your local thrift shop, like the one I found above. My new New Balance 410s are my new favorite pair of shoes because they're so adorable but so freaking comfortable. Paired with a simple tee and skirt, it's an effortless look.

Breezy Cover


Jeans: Madewell, Shirt: Urban Outfitters
Shoes: Franchesca's
I know what you're thinking, how are you going to stay cool in the summer in jeans? Well, this outfit isn't intended for a 90 degree scorcher. For those milder 70 degree days or summer evenings, a pair of boyfriend jeans are the perfect way to cover up from mosquitos while letting your legs breath a little. Coupled with a white peasant blouse, you got yourself a nice summer outfit.

Those are the outfits I've planned out! Hope you like them! Tag your OOTD's with #theyouthemisms so that I can get a feel for your personal style!


No comments:

Post a Comment